FL - Maitland
Sunshine Staffing is currently seeking a Concrete Superintendent with successful and progressive experience in performing overall project support and staff direction to all Team Members and Subcontractors assigned to their project, and to ensure the project is completed the first time safely, with quality and productive results.
The ideal candidate should have a successful and progressive experience in providing on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain good health status w/ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Ensure proper layout of project from contract drawings to ensure the highest quality and productive practices are used
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with all those working under your supervision as well as the Project Superintendent, and Owner
- Supervise and coordinate activities for all Team Members under your supervision
- Ensure crew and trucks are always operating efficiently
- Confirm and coordinate with Plant, all asphalt tonnage and mix types required
- Calculate number of trucks required for the Paving and or Milling Operation
- Monitor trucking throughout the shift and communicated with the Foreman, Dispatch and Plant, add or subtract trucks as needed
- Be sure assigned equipment is always properly maintained and kept clean.
- Make sure all equipment is parked in a safe area in a neat and orderly fashion and accessible to transports. Know and understand the clear zone requirements.
- Monitor all Foreman responsibilities
- Inspect the project daily, prior to departing, to ensure work is complete with the highest quality and all cleanup is complete
- All Accidents/Incidents MUST be reported immediately to your supervisor and the Safety Department
- Communicate with Quality Control and review report to ensure all information is correct and quantities match your measurements. Track yields, density, slope, and straight edge
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of superintendent experience for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor or Concrete plants.
- Safety and quality oriented
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Organized; ability to multi-task; detail-oriented
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Being a good leader and coach to the assigned team.
- OSHA certified
- Provide support to leadership and co-workers in the area(s) of responsibility.
- Identify issues and problems, develop solutions and prepare recommendations.
- Demonstration strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work under the pressure of competing priorities, strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Establish and foster positive working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels in the organization; handle conflict constructively and develop a consensus.
Please contact HR for information on the physical demands and the work environment of this position.
Sunshine Enterprise USA is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”