FL - Fort. Lauderdale
Food Handler/ Kitchen Assistant
purpose of this position within the organization is to perform skilled cooking
and food preparation and service tasks. This position works under close
supervision according to set procedures and predetermined tasks.
General Duties and Responsibilities: The functions listed below are those that represent most of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work as necessary.
· Uses recipes and job knowledge to prepare foods, vegetables, meats, and beverages for various meals, giving due care to achieve high quality taste and appearance.
· Uses portion control and the loading of food carts or steam trays for serving.
· Assists in checking orders received for proper price and weight and satisfactory quality.
· Assists with cleaning stoves, cookers, kettles, pots and pans, dishes, refrigerators, food grinders, mixers, tables, kitchen utensils, and other kitchen areas as to meet sanitation standards.
· Serves food to clients or County staff.
· Re-stocks supplies and assists with organizing any requested food and non-food related items.
· May participate in conducting client food satisfaction surveys.
· Prepares simple reports; completes forms.
· Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Must be a high school graduate or have earned a General Education Diploma (GED).
· Requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in cooking, food preparation, handling, storage, and kitchen sanitation or closely related experience preferably in a large-scale food preparation facility.
Physical Demands: Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement as follows:
· Performs medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing, and raising objects.
· Involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
· Able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Sunshine Enterprise USA is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”