Program Assistant (TEMP)
CA - Orange
Program Assistant - Temp
Sunshine Staffing is currently seeking a Program Assistant who will support the department with key administrative duties on various initiatives and programs. The incumbent will interact with other internal departments, external stakeholders, and the Health’s general office system, and may coordinate work or processes with other administrative staff within the Health Facility. The incumbent will work independently and perform more complex analytical and/or administrative responsibilities with the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
· Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity and accountability.
· Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
· Coordinates calendars and schedules of the department as assigned, including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, coordinating travel, meetings and events, evaluating needs and scheduling meeting arrangements.
· Prepares meeting materials, meeting set-up, minute taking, photocopying, etc.
· Provides administrative support for specific and/or ongoing projects, such as generating reports, project tracking logs, calendars, and mailings, applying general business practices, as well as CalOptima Health policies and procedures under the direction of the Director.
· Prepares memos, documents, reports and forms as needed.
· Handles incoming and outgoing correspondence per administrative policy.
· Assists with project tracking, reporting, budgeting and communications with external project stakeholders.
· Answers telephone calls as appropriate and direct or assist internal and external callers.
· Maintains an inventory of supplies, including monitoring needs and ordering.
· Maintains filing systems, both paper and/or electronic.
· May determine priority of matters of attention for the Director; redirects matter to staff or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
· Coordinates arrangements on any Strategic Development issues.
· Handles all incoming invoices and expense reports for the department.
· Maintains confidential and sensitive information and files regarding management projects, policies, and personnel, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
· Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 year of administrative support required.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above is also qualifying.
· Office business practices, including the utilization of equipment such as phones, faxes, copiers and scanners.
· Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects, including gathering data as needed through various sources.
· Business etiquette on the telephone, in correspondence, and in person.
· Work under general supervision, exercising judgment and tact in handling confidential information regarding controversial matters, personnel, and affairs of personal delicacy.
· Routinely perform a wide variety of complex office support duties, set work priorities based on knowledge of various activities.
· Organize and coordinate administrative activities for multiple complex projects and large amounts of information at the same time.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with CalOptima Health’s leadership and staff.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Take direction and work as part of a team, as well as with other administrative staff.
· Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and job-specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.